Monday, June 11, 2007

Breeze













This was a digital painting for a book cover I had completed a few weeks ago. Its for a nifty little vampire yarn entitled "Breeze" by Authorhouse author, Scott C. Johnson. I really enjoyed working on it and any practice I can get doing a digital painting is a plus in my book. Much thanks to Deante Tolliver and Christian Kelly for posing for photo reference. I use Photoshop because its what I have at work and at home but I'm very interested in using Painter just to see its effects. I was told PS is just as good as Painter but I think that it may just be a matter of taste. I'll find out eventually.


In an earlier post I said that I liked to use mutiple layers. It was told to me that using too many layers makes one's work look stiffer and by using fewer layers forces the artist to work "without a net" as it were, ending in a piece with a more traditional, painterly, feel. this is something that I experimented with here. Click on images to enlarge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.