Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Dahlia Coven




This was a book cover that I had done last fall for an AH book titled The Dahlia Coven. It was for one of Authorhouse's British authors and even though I was satisfied with it, it was quite an education in frustration. I did learn a lot from this particular assignment though, and the next digital painting I attempted was much easier and more enjoyable because of the trial and error of this one. I started with my photo reference of Petra Nemcova and Maria Sharipova and sketched out my composition. From that, I began painting over the sketch in Photoshop. The original cover has the same fiery background but in red instead of green. The Author chose red for the book cover but I display it here as it was meant to be shown,,, in all its ethereal greenness! Click Images To Enlarge




No comments: